Centre for Suicide Research
Centre for Suicide Research has existed since 1989 and was established as a self-governing institution under the Ministry of Social Affairs (now The Ministry of social affairs and the interior) in 1999.
The purpose of the Centre is
- to do epidemiological and cause-orientated research concerning suicidal behaviour
- to collect, coordinate, and impart information on suicidal behaviour and make use of this knowledge in the prevention of suicidal behaviour
- to propose areas of intervention in suicide
- to take part in international research
- to evaluate the effect of the efforts in order to prevent suicide